Sunday, December 23, 2007

Now in yangshuo




Well after the fun of Beijing I headed down to Xi'an to see the Terracotta Warriors and enjoyed also the biggest water fountain show in Asia at the Big Wild Goose Pagoda which was fairly impressive.











After a few days in Xi'an I travelled with a few other folks and went via Chengdu, which incidentally has the best egg muffins in China, too Yangshuo where I feel right at home as its been raining constantly for the last couple days.




However this still hasn't stopped me from climbing and the weather is set to improve from Tuesday.
It feels a little strange being in China for Xmas but I'm tempted to have either Beer fish or Cane Rat as my Xmas dinner, to be honest the fish sounds much better and looks fairly nice. I've also realised that my climbing has suffered over the past few weeks but I'm determined to rectify that and have also set myself the task of finding the best apple pie in Yangshuo. Unfortunately I'm having problems with uploading my photos but i will try and find a better internet cafe sometime next week if I'm not busy climbing or eating... Hope everyone has a great Xmas, unfortunately due to China's internet setup I can't access the comments on the site but will enjoy reading them all in the new year, the Chinese new year which i will probably spend in Hong Kong before flying to Oz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi James
Thanks for your postcard and a Merry
Christmas to you in China.
Cheers
Diane & David